Response to random YouTube vidhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YPyvJacwUI
1. Theres a flash between the missionaries stopping to talk with the guy and the start of the conversation. Since the missionaries have dismounted from their bikes in the course of that flash, Im wondering whether or not footage was deleted and if so what happened during that footage.
Yes, Im the kinda guy who pokes through the deleted scenes bit on his DVDs.
2. LDS belief is that over time, foreign practices slowly crept into the early church and the original doctrines and practices gave way to error and man-made doctrines. As such, many in the church did like the Pharisees did and slowly turned their backs on God, often without even realizing it. This is not to say that there werent people who honestly wanted to serve God; these people just got stuck with bad doctrine.
Interestingly enough, theres tidbits in the New Testament itself where the apostles express concern over people going apostate
Response to Chick 3A Response To Jack Chick's The Trick
By Darren Blair
For decades now, people have been linking Halloween to the occult and Satanism. Parents cringe in fear and forbid their kids from going outside lest those kids wind up hurt or dead. Hell houses abound showing people highly distorted images of whatever groups the people operating them hate. All in all, Halloween has gotten a bad rep.
This tract here may well be a large part of the reason for it. Although first published in 1986, well after the Halloween hype had been going on, the proliferation of Chick Tracts has helped keep the issue in the spotlight.
The tract begins with a group of occult types (Satanists?) declaring that as Halloween is coming, they need to step up their efforts to seduce children into worshipping and serving Satan, as well as to procure human sacrifices. Chick spends an entire eight panels just showing them getting their poisoned and trapped
Pixie HitsPixie Hits
Ever get tired of hearing just how evil Halloween is? Ever wish that people would just shut up so that you and your friends can get to the good stuff? Well, heres a new little game for you to play. Better still, its fun for the whole family!
*1 or more bags of Willy Wonka © brand Pixy Stix or similar
*A high tolerance for sugar
1. Obtain a quantity of Pixy Stix or similar for each participant.
2. Whenever you hear someone rant about how evil Halloween is, open up a Stix and eat it. Preferably in front of the person doing the ranting.
3. Repeat as needed until the person quiets down, runs out of steam, or you run out of Stix.
4. The game is over when someone gets sick from the sugar or all participants are out of Stix.